Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August 26, 2019 Lunch – Cappo’s Ristorante Dinner – Chicken Mole and Steamed String Beans


August 26, 2019 Lunch – Cappo’s Ristorante  Dinner – Chicken Mole and Steamed String Beans

I had to file a pleading in one of my water cases today and worked into the night last night and all day today so I am catching up on a great day of food yesterday.

I ate my usual granola, yogurt, and Tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

I then rode to Montano and back.

At lunch time I called Bill Turner and rode my bike to his office and we walked to Cappo’s for the Monday special for $6.99.  The Monday Special is Lasagna coated with a delicious Marinara Sauce and served with your choice of Minestone or salad.  There was a choice between spinach or meat lasagna.  We both selected meat lasagna.   There was a bit more ground pork and beef and less ricotta in this lasagna than the last one.

We both ordered the salad and it was lovely today, fresh iceburg lettuce, a tomato, a slice of salami and a slice of provolone cheese.  I loved the lasagna and, amazingly, the large cube of lasagna filled me up, even after riding 10 miles and walking two and ½ blocks to the restaurant.  We talked about the case we are working on for a while.  I was in a hyper mood and the questions and comments kept flowing. 

After Lunch I started drafting the Reply and worked until 5:30 although I started to thaw out five chicken hind quarters from the freezer at around 4:00.

When Suzette came home I kept working and she decided to go through the fridge to see what needed to be thrown away and found a container of black Oaxaca mole.

She says it is the mole sauce we bought at Pro’s Market in from a big basin of it like they sell in Mexico, where they dig you out a scoop with a spoon or cut a cube with a knife,  She decided to make chicken mole and put the chicken parts into a large pot of boiling water and boiled them for an hour.

At about 7:00 I stopped working and came to the kitchen.  Willy came by and said he would join us for dinner, so I diced a poblano chili and several cloves of garlic and Suzette sautéed them in a skillet and then pureed them and added them to the cup of mole sauce she took from the fridge and added chicken stock to emulsify the mole into a sauce.

I then snapped the green beans and Suzette took them and put them in the steamer with water to steam them.

We then worked together to shred the chicken and Suzette added it to the skillet with the mole sauce to cook for a few minutes to take up some of the flavors of the mole.  It seemed like only about fifteen to twenty minutes later Suzette transferred the PPI sushi rice to a pyrex baking dish an covered it with Saran and heated the rice in the microwave and we were ready to eat.

I guess tonight we ate chicken with mole sauce instead of chicken mole.  If I had had my preference we would have cooked the chicken in the mole sauce for a couple of hours, but I must admit that I was hungry and the chicken in mole sauce tasted really delicious with its slightly elevated chili picante..

We drank beers with dinner and Willy came back around 8:30 and Suzette made him a plate of mole and green beans.

I ate a couple of slices of watermelon for dessert and after Willy left around 9:30 I then worked until 2:30 on the Reply.

Bon Appetit  

No comments:

Post a Comment