Thursday, August 29, 2019

August 29, 2019 Lunch – Jason’s Deli Dinner – Book Club


August 29, 2019 Lunch – Jason’s Deli  Dinner – Book Club

Today I had to go to Santa Fe for a meeting after lunch.

I walked a mile around the neighborhood and then ate granola, yogurt, tropical fruit salad and a splash of milk.

I went to Jason’s Deli on Paseo at 11:00 and ate the salad bar for lunch.  It was identical and a bit better than the one popularized by Souper Salad down to the gingerbread and corn muffins.  It was better because it had more choices and but no soup.  Instead there was a kitchen where lots of different types of sandwiches and tostadas, and wraps are made.


I did not know it but Jason’s delivers.  What they have done is to take health food to the fast food level.  They freshen the salad bar repeatedly so that every crock is filled fully.  I tried the muffins and they were delicious.  Some people were eating more muffins than salad. I ordered Felipe a sandwich and chips and an ice tea and met him outside the door at 12:10 and we drove to Santa Fe for our meeting.

The meeting lasted until 3:00 and then we drove back and Felipe dropped me at my car at 4:15. 

I drove home and rested and watched a bit of Business Report and saw the market was up.  When I checked my stocks, it was true; a big rally in the market today.  I think the Chinese confirmed they were negotiating on a trade deal. My portfolio was up 1¼%, which is big, putting the market and my portfolio positive for the year.

At 6:55 I walked to Charlie’s house for book club.  The snacks were minimal but the wines were great.  Susan buys them at Costco and gets good wines.  I drank a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc named My Beautiful and lovely soft Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley of Washington named Pendulum, which if produced by Precept wine company which owns Gruet.  Susan also bought a Louis Jadot Pinot Noir from Burgundy.


The after meeting dessert was Costco cheesecake and fresh sliced strawberries, which everyone loved.  I had a second slice and walked home and crawled into bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment