Monday, March 26, 2018

March 26, 2018 Lunch – Miso Vietnamese Noodle Soup. Dinner – Salad and Lentils


March 26, 2018  Lunch – Miso Vietnamese Noodle Soup. Dinner – Salad and Lentils

I ate the usual for breakfast.

By 11:45 I had a hankering for a big pot of Miso Vietnamese Noodle Soup, so I started throwing things into a three quart pot of water, including dehydrated chicken stock and dashi, a cube of pho seasoning, a diced stalks of celery, four sliced mushrooms, 2 tsp. of dried seaweed, a large T. of red miso, 2 T. of Chinese Cooking wine, six heads on shrimp, three quartered fish balls, and about seven of eight chicken and cilantro mini-wontons from Costco, four stalks of asparagus thinly sliced, two scallions thinly sliced, 3 oz. of onion, and four kinds of noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles, 40 mm square Vietnamese rice noodles, wheat noodles and mung bean thread noodles.

Aaron came over and joined me for lunch.  I squeezed a line of Hoisin sauce and Shiracha across a plate to dip shrimp, wontons, and fish balls into.

After lunch I drank several cups of green tea.

I had no plan for dinner.   When Suzette arrived I had made a Swedish snack, a toasted piece of German sourdough bread spread with red onion slices and garnished with red onion slices and pieces of pickled Swedish herring and a round hard rye bread buttered and garnished with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and a cup of Earl Grey tea. I suggested lentils and salad and Suzette said, “We need to eat the lentils.”

Suzette had a few slices of cheese but I was tired and lay down for a 45 minute nap.  When I awakened at 5:45 Suzette had gathered a basket of lettuce from the garden and fetched the crock pot filled with lentils.  I cleaned the lettuce and placed it in two pasta bowls. I then diced two tomatoes, 1/3 of a peeled cucumber, and a couple of oz. of red onion to garnish each salad.  Suzette added a clump of the fresh cheese she had made and I dressed the salads with Caesar salad dressing.

Suzette heated a Pyrex baking dish filled with lentils and fetched two beers from the garage fridge.  We had a pleasant light dinner of salad with bowls of lentils.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment