Monday, March 19, 2018

March 19, 2018 Lunch – La Salita. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken, Catalan Spinach, and a baked sweet potato.

Tropical fruit salad, yogurt, and granola for breakfast.

Mike called a5 10:oz and we decided to go to lunch at La Salita.  I ordered my usual , a single Chili Relleno stuffed with Swiss cheese and topped with green chili with a double helping of refried beans.

Mike got his usual, a sopapilla stuffed with stewed turkey and green chili.

We request that our sopapilla be served after the meal, so we can devote our full attention to while it is steaming.  I  fill mine with honey and feel like a bear attacking a bee hive when I break through the soft pastry shell and eat sopapilla doused with honey.

For dinner I thawed two chicken leg quarters starting at 1:00 but they were still a little frozen and water logged at 5:30 when we started to cook.  I also put a bottle of 2015 Clos Chapon Vouvray in the fridge to chill.

I made the rub with 1 tsp. of ground mustard, 1 T.of ground cumin, 1 tsp. of ground fennel seeds, ½ tsp. of white pepper and 1 T. of paprika.  I rubbed the rub onto the leg quarters.  Suzette put some olive oil into a latte skillet and sautéed the chicken until it brown with a smaller skillet filled with water weighing down the chicken.  After about fifteen minutes Suzette put the skillet into a 350 degree oven for another twenty minutes.  She also put two sweet potatoes into the oven to bake. I de-stemmed a colander full of spinach and while the other items were baking, she sautéed three oz of onion in a skillet with heated olive oil.  After a couple of minutes she added some piñon nuts and then some raisins and finally the spinach’s day turned the spinach to coat it with hot oil and mix it with the other ingredients.

The chicken had not fully cooked so Suzette cooked for several more minutes in the microwave.

I poured glasses of the Vouvray.  It was lovely. I bought it at Total Wine for $14.99 less 20%.  It was dry yet had good acidity and a very clean taste.  I like it a lot and will buy more.

Finally when the chicken was fully cooked we ate our dinner but the chicken was a bit tough.  I liked the soft baked sweet potato with some butter and the spinach.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment