Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 9, 2017 A PPI food day. Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Noodle Soup Dinner – Strawberry Pecan Soup and salad

May 9, 2017 A PPI food day. Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Dinner – Strawberry Pecan Soup and salad

I ate the PPI Vietnamese soup that I had combined with the PPI corned beef and cabbage stew and it did not agreed with me.  Alas, you need to know when to throw them.  Actually I threw the shrimp and couscous yesterday.

In the afternoon I met Tahir at his Donut Mart store on Central near University.  After we met he was kind enough to give me six fresh bagels and some cream cheese. I am looking forward to smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel for breakfast.

For dinner, we decided to eat some strawberry soup with a salad.  I refreshed the dressing with ½ cup of olive oil, ½ tsp. of salt, about ¼ cup of lemon juice and a minced leaves from a sprig of tarragon.

I made a salad with lettuce from the garden, 1/6 of a cubed cucumber, a diced Roma tomato, a handful of croutons, and the remaining three slices of Gravad Lax from Sunday’s meal.

Suzette opened a bottle of 2009 Concanon Sauvignon Blanc, which still tasted wonderful.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment