Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 25, 2017 Lunch – Azuma Dinner – PPI Sashimi and Sushi



May 25, 2017 Lunch – Azuma   Dinner – PPI Sashimi and Sushi

Today was a very monochromatic food day.  I ate Chirashi Donburi at Azuma with Aaron who ate a New Mexico roll with a green chili.  I also ordered him a tempura green chili, but instead we were served a green chili roll.  Aaron and I only ate about ½ of what were served, so we boxed the remaining.

 
                                        The Chirashi Donburi




When Suzette arrived home we decided to cook the baby octopus, the Sushi and PPI artichokes.

I made the octopus marinade with lemon juice, olive oil and thyme and we marinated the octopus for about an hour.

Suzette took the two cooked artichokes from the fridge and cut them in half and skewered the octopus and grilled them. While she grilled I made a dipping sauce with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt for the artichokes and and a lemon, olive oil and rosemary dipping sauce for the octopus.  I then distributed the sushi and sashimi onto two plates and Suzette reheated some of the cuttlefish ink dyed rice and placed some on the two plates.

I also filled two sushi sauce dipping bowls with soy sauce and added some of the fresh wasabi and stirred it in.

When the artichokes and octopus were ready we opened a bottle of French Pear cider and enjoyed our dinner.  The octopus was a little chewy.  We decided we needed to try grilling them again.  I bought the cleaned and ready to cook baby octopus at El Super market for $4.99/lb.

Later I ate the last bit of the clafoutis I made last Sunday.

Then I pitted and halved the two pounds of cherries I bought on Wednesday at El Super and added some cognac and framboise and covered it with Saran and put it in the fridge.

Bon Appetit





                  The grilled octopus and artichokes

Later I ate the last bit of the clafoutis I made last Sunday.

Then I pitted and halved the two pounds of cherries I bought on Wednesday at El Super and added some cognac and framboise and covered it with Saran and put it in the fridge.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment