Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 2, 2017 Lunch – Shrimp Couscous, Dinner – Hot Dogs in Sauerkraut

May 2, 2017 Lunch – Shrimp Couscous,  Dinner – Hot Dogs in Sauerkraut

I ate granola for breakfast with blueberries and mango yogurt.

For lunch I made couscous and added to it the sautéed shrimp from a few nights ago plus a generous squeeze of Harissa.  I drank a glass of Crayon Rose’ with it.

I again took something from thee freezer, five Hebrew National hot dogs.

When Suzette arrived around 5:30 she was ailing with a sore back and did not want to do a lot of cooking.  She suggested cooking the hot dogs in Sauerkraut.  We had a 24 oz. container of organic Sauerkraut I had bought at Costco.

Suzette filled a Le Creuset Casserole with the hot dogs and the drained Sauerkraut and cooked it for thirty to forty-five minutes.

We discussed heating roasted potatoes but decided to avoid carbs for a night.

We ate in the garden and drank beers. Suzette made a lovely mayonnaise and Dijon mustard sauce for the hot dogs.

I love it when Suzette connects to her German roots and creates a new dish to me that probably is a classic German dish or inspired by German Cuisine.

I remember living in Sweden were there are hot dog stands all over the place that serve a variation of the hot dogs we ate tonight, called Korv.



Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment