Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 24, 2017 Lunch – Mexican salad with Morcilla and grilled cheese. Dinner – PPI Salmon, rice, and sautéed squash

This was a PPI day foodwise.  The most exciting dish of the day was the salad I made for lunch with fresh greens from the garden and grilled slices of morcilla and a piece of Oaxacan cheese, plus two slices of Fano baguette covered with melted Jarlsberg.

The most exciting food event was shopping at El Super.  Wednesday is the produce day with special pricing on several items.  Here is the ticket.  I went a little wild, buying, yellow onions and carrots 4 lb. for $.99, limes 3 lb. for $.99, Roma tomatoes and Gala apples 2 lb. for $.99, Mexican squash for $.77/lb., Persian cucumbers for $.67/lb. and a regular cucumber for $.33.

I also bought crema, bacon ends, large 16 to 20 count shrimp for $7.99/lb. and baby octopus and more morcilla for $4.99/lb.

There are lots of recipes in my head.

I went to meditate at 5:45 and when I returned at 7:00 we decided to not cook.  So we simply reheated the rice, squash, and salmon from last night’s meal for our dinner and finished the bottles of Sauvignon Blanc.

Later I ate a little clafoutis.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment