Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 7 2016 Lunch – PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner- Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy, PPI Roasted Pork, Boiled Chicken and Carrots

July 7 2016  Lunch – PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner- Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy, PPI Roasted Pork, Boiled Chicken and Carrots

I spent most of the morning drafting pleadings for the Whitaker case and editing a Railway Land bank loan package for SODA.  At 12:30 I decided to eat the PPI Miso Noodle Soup I has made the other day.  I always add something to PPI soups and dishes to freshen their flavors.  Today I added the PPI stir fried noodle, Taku Choy, roasted pork and Kolbassa sausage dish from the other night, which greatly enriched the flavors and quantity of ingredients.

Willy came home for lunch and we watched the first half of the France v. Germany Semi-final of EUFA.  I left a bit before half-time to take the rear wheel of my bike to the bike shop to be repaired or replaced and then went to Costco to buy potatoes for Willy and pick up a prescription.

Then back home to see France win against Germany and then a teleconference with the Court.  

Suzette came home add we packed for a while until she became hungry.  I wanted to use the Baby Bok Choy and as many ingredients as     I could.  

I cut up six stalks of Baby Bok Choy, separating the white stems from the leaves.  I then diced ¼ medium red onion and three cloves of garlic and three slices of ginger and put them with the hard Bok Choy stems.  I then sliced four or five fresh shitake mushrooms and put them in with the Bok Choy leaves.  Then I cut up some chicken and carrots from the chicken soup Davida brought me and some of the PPI roasted pork from my BD party and added it.  After a couple more minutes, I added the mushrooms and Bok Choy leaves and added some Chinese rice wine, soy, and some of the chicken soup Davida brought me.  

I then covered the wok to steam the ingredients.  In a couple more minutes everything was heated through and ready to serve.  There was no carb or starch with this meal, just meat and vegetables.


I drank the PPI Trebbiano white from Italy ($3.99 at Quarters) and Suzette drank a Negra Modelo.  

Willy came from exercise and ate a small plate and I finished the dish and washed the wok.

We also made the filling for the burritos for the airplane this evening. I chopped 1/8 of an onion and three cloves of garlic and sautéed them in olive oil and with a cup of the black beans from the party.

When the onion and garlic were cooked I added the beans and cooked them together for a few minutes more.  Then I put them into the fridge.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment