Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4, 2016 Miso Noodle Soup

July 4, 2016 Miso Noodle Soup

I came down with a cold, probably from sleeping in a too cold night of air conditioning without proper covers.  I decide to take it easy.  We talk to Billy and Elaine until Suzette takes them to the airport at around 8:00.  I watch Tour de France.  A really amazing photo finish by Mark Cavindish tying him with Bernard Hinault with 28 stage wins.  Eddie Merxx’s record 34 wins, now within sight.

I made a lax and goat cheese sandwich with a slice of onion and capers for breakfast.

Then for lunch I made miso soup with three Norwegian fish balls, tofu, onion, vegetarian and mung bean noodles, sliced mushrooms, seaweed, dehydrated dashi, miso, chard, a bit of chicken, sesame oil, Chinese Rice Cooking wine and kernels from an ear of corn.  I love this soup.  It has every ingredient I love.  Tomorrow I may add some pork and make it again.

We read the many birthday cards and looked at the many bottles of wine and books I received from so many folks.  

Here are pictures of some of them.















Suzette ate pork tacos for dinner and I ate soup for  dinner.

Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment