Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016 a two salad day

July 26, 2016 a two salad day

I ate my usual bowl of granola with yogurt, blueberries, and milk for breakfast.

Then at noon I made myself a real Cesar Salad with anchovies, Cesar salad dressing, a diced tomato, about 2 oz. of cucumber diced, some shaved Pecorino Reggiani cheese, and a handful of warm croutons.  It was delicious.  Here is a photo of it.


When Suzette came home she suggested making a salad for dinner since I had no thawed anything.  I agreed because we had lovely PPI teriyaki salmon and fresh goat cheese, plus wonderful fresh Bibb lettuce we bought at Costco on Sunday, cucumber, tomato, and onion.  Suzette made the salad and I made the dressing with lemon, Herb de Provence herbed salt, Spanish olive oil, 1 tsp of Dijon mustard, a dash of white balsa in vinegar, two small cloves of garlic, about 2 oz. of finely minced white onion, and the juice of 1/3 of a lemon.

Suzette opened a bottle of St. Michelle Washington Riesling.

We watched the Democratic Convention, the highlight of which for me was Bill Clinton’s personal history of Hillary. 

We both ate a little chocolate ice cream.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment