Wednesday, December 9, 2015

December 8, 2015 A PPI Day, Brunch – Posole, Costco – Polish Dog, Dinner PPI Ham and Chard Soup

December 8, 2015  A PPI Day, Brunch – Posole, Costco – Polish Dog, Dinner PPI Ham and Chard Soup

Today was dominated by my effort to buy shares in the Indian Bank I invest in.  It included 2 ½ hours at my bank getting a foreign currency draft, and couriering the draft and purchase documents to the bank in India.  Before I went to the bank at 10:30 I ate a bowl of Posole and was pleased to find out that the tripe had softened significantly. 

I had left the Posole simmering while I went to the bank so when I returned at 1:00 I ate another bowl.

 J.B. Bryan came by and we talked about the mural he is going to do for our stairwell to the basement and ate a bowl of Posole around 2:00 and I showed him a bunch of art, when he mentioned that I liked Southwest Modernism art and he wanted to paint something that had that feel and sensitivity.

I then went to the mail center at Coors and Irving to mail the courier pack. 

After I mailed the courier pack, I went to Costco for a Polish Dog and then bought a package of four pork tenderloins for $3.49/lb., so we can make the wonderful slow roasted pork tenderloin with onion and apple tapa, plus coffee beans and a bunch of yellow roses for Suzette, and a 2.25 lb. bag of asparagus for $7.49 and a package of 6 hearts of romaine lettuce for $2.99.

I then drove to Sprouts at Alameda and Coors and bought 2 Fuji apples, 2 eggplants for $.48 each, a lb. of leeks for French onion soup at $1.99/lb., and a lb. of salmon at $6.99/lb.   When I arrived home around 5:30 Suzette had arrived and she was not hungry, having eaten a wonderful meal of sautéed salmon prepared by the new chef she hired for the Bistro.  So my dinner ideas went out the window.  We sat and watched the news and ate nuts and then I brought in a pot of soup from the garage fridge, when I took the lettuce and leeks to the garage fridge.  The ham and chard and barley soup we had made after Thanksgiving was in the pot, so we decided to eat bowls of it for dinner.  Suzette heated it and toasted slices of French bread and we ate a bowl of it for dinner.  It was still incredibly delicious. The salty flavor of the ham had permeated the soup and the barley mix had softened finally, so one did not bite into hard kernels of lentil or split pea.

An exciting day of food shopping, but not so exciting in the food prep category, although everything I ate was delicious in a PPI sort of way.  Sometimes it is fun to enjoy the ease of eating the fruits of one’s labor without having to prep and cook. 

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment