Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1, 2015 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – Steam baked Salmon, Green Peas and Onions, and baked Sweet Potato


December 1, 2015 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – Steam baked Salmon, Green Peas and Onions, and baked Sweet Potato

I completed a closing this morning with an incorporation.  Then I went to the bank and then drove to East Ocean for one of my favorite lunches of scallops in Lobster Sauce.  

I then drove to Fano and bought a baguette ($3.00).

I then drove to Sprouts at Academy and San Mateo.  I am almost always thrilled by some value at Sprouts.  Today it was French cut rack of lamb for $6.99/lb. and sweet potatoes for $.48/lb.  I also bought another eggplant for $.98, some vine ripened tomatoes for $1.50/lb., and some Brussels Sprouts for $1.98/lb.  I bought about a lb. of Atlantic fresh salmon for dinner (&6.99/lb.).

When I got home I read for a while and then about 5:00 I poked holes into the three sweet potatoes and started baking the sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for 60 minutes on convection bake in the new oven.

Suzette arrived around 5:45 and a little after 6:00 she began cooking.  We decided to steam bake the salmon in the new steamer oven. We refilled the water compartment and Suzette checked the cooking instruction chart for 1 lb. of fresh fish and dialed in the recommended setting.  She the placed the salmon filet on the cooking rack and dotted it with slices of lemon and pat of butter and put the catch pan in under the cooking rack and steam baked the salmon.

While the salmon was cooking Suzette heated the PPI Creamed Peas and Onions from Thanksgiving in the new microwave.  I opened our last bottle of 2010 Leese-Fitch Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc that I had chilled yesterday in anticipation of a fish dinner and poured us glasses of it.  It was delicious, a golden color and full bodied and wonderfully acidic.  


1


When the salmon was cooked, Suzette cut one of the roasted sweet potatoes in half and put ½ on each plate with ½ of the salmon.  We had about1/4 cup of liquid collected in the drip pan from the salmon, so we poured it into the Creamed peas to loosen up the cream sauce and give it a little more flavor.  



We each buttered our sweet potatoes but other than that not extra seasoning was added.  The food all tasted delicious.  I was particularly impressed with the flavor of the salmon.  With only a light butter and lemon flavor, the flavor of the fresh salmon really came through nicely.

We were both tired and went to bed shortly after 8:00.

This is a momentous day, because it marks the last time Suzette will travel to Santa Rosa.  She has every right to be tired and thrilled by the prospect of not having to manage that program any longer.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment