Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 4, 2015 Lunch- PPI Egg Foo Young, Dinner – Posole and Eggplant with Garlic Sauce

December 4, 2015 Lunch- PPI Egg Foo Young,  Dinner – Posole and Eggplant with Garlic Sauce

I worked all morning until 12:30.  I was hungry, so I noticed a container of Yu Choy, water chestnuts, and ham in the fridge, so I fried an egg in peanut oil in the wok and added the PPI ingredients and fried it into a pancake.  

I wanted to take my bike to the Bike Coop, go to the bank, and go by Birdland to get a Lease Amendment signed. 

It looks like Birdland is going to be a marijuana dispensary and head shop.

When I showed the bike to the mechanic at the Bike Coop, he immediately saw that the bike’s large sprocket dérailleur was broken by the bike accident last week, so a new one was ordered.

When I returned home, I heated the Posole and by 4:00 I could not resist trying it.  Suzette arrived as I was eating my second bowl and ate a bowl also.  

At 4:30 I rode to the freeway and back with only the small gear sprocket, which made peddling so easy, I could peddle feverishly.  

At 6:00 we went to Old Town for the lighting of the Christmas tree.we walked to the little chapel of Guadalupe and then the Albuquerque Museum, where we enjoyed seeing the Miniatures exhibit.  We saw a few more shops and galleries as we walked back to the car.  

We were home by 7:45 and decided to make Suzette’s favorite Chinese dish, Eggplant with Garlic Sauce from Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking by Lo.

I made 1 ½ cups of rice and then sliced 1 ½ eggplants into 2  ½ inch long and Suzette stir fried them in peanut oil.  She made the seasoning and thickening sauce.  Suzette can make this dish easily and it turns out great.  

  Here are the sauce ingredients 






Suzette fetched Blonde Beers and we enjoyed dinner.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment