Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April 28, 2012 – Dinner – Rib eye steak with sautéed Mushrooms, roasted vegetables and asparagus

April 28, 2012 – Dinner – Rib eye steak with sautéed Mushrooms, roasted vegetables and asparagus

Max Aragon came by for dinner tonight around because he was picking up his partner, Jane, at the airport at and I invited him to dinner.  I had thawed out one of the boneless rib eye steaks I had bought at Lowe’s for $3.98 per lb.  I had some of the roasted vegetables left and some asparagus.  I sliced about two cups of portabella mushrooms and two cloves of shallot and tossed them into a skillet with a Tbsp. of butter and a Tbsp. of olive oil and sautéed them for a minute and then cut the steak in half and put the steak into the skillet and cooked the steak and mushrooms for about ten minutes.  Then I added about three Tbsp. of Italian Red Vermouth to the skillet. And sautéed the mixture about two or three minutes more as the Asparagus steamed.

I fetched a bottle of Cutler Creek Cabernet Sauvignon ($3.33 at Sunflower Market) and we had a deliciously tender steak stewed in vermouth and mushrooms with the heated roasted vegetables and the asparagus. 

After dinner we had a few sips of French Calvados and Gemain Robin Apple Brandy and then around 10:00 p.m. Jane called and, after a sip or two more of Calvados, Max thanked me for dinner and left to go pick Jane up at the airport.

Bon Appétit      

No comments:

Post a Comment