Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 1, 2012 Lunch - Pho Miso soup; Dinner - Chicken feta sausage with asparagus and wild rice

May 1, 2012 Lunch - Pho Miso soup; Dinner - Chicken feta sausage with asparagus and wild rice

After my meeting up near Sunflower Market at Juan Tabo and Montgomery, I went by to see what they had and bought white mushrooms, Chicken sausage with feta and asparagus.

I must say that I made an amazing soup for lunch today.  I make soup about one or two times a week for lunch but never write about them because it is usually a combination of diverse unrelated items with noodles.  Not very interesting.

But today was different.  Today is started by trying to make a Miso soup with wakame seaweed and tofu cubes, a scoop of wild rice and some finely sliced green onions.  Since I did not have white miso, I used brown miso and that gave the soup a wonderful flavor and thicker texture. I added the PPI vegetables and sautéed red Vermouth soaked mushrooms from Saturday night and that gave the soup a bit more flavor, but I was craving some meat and I did not have any until I realized I had frozen Vietnamese meat balls in the freezer. 

So I fetched about three of them and threw them into the soup.  After they had cooked a bit I slice each of them into five slices and threw them back to heat throughout.  I put in about 1 Tbsp. f Pho seasoning from a bottle a bought at Ta Lin, which really busted the flavor up a couple more notches.  After throwing in some more thinly sliced green onions I was ready to eat a great bowl of soup.

Diner was much simpler.  After picking Suzette up at the airport and finding out she ws not hungry, I heated a pile of PPI cous cous with greens from the garden in the microwave and steamed several asparagus spears and steamed a fresh chicken and feta sausage with the asparagus and threw into the skillet I had used for the mushrooms and steak on Saturday evening and heated it until it was almost cooked and ate it with the a glass of Spanish Viura Marques de Montanana.   Simple elegance.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment