Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 5, 2012 Lunch – Noodles and Dinner – No. 9 Deep dish pizza

March 5, 2012 Lunch – Noodles and Dinner – No. 9 Deep dish pizza

I made an interesting lunch of noodles.  I used the old soup as a base (with all of its white miso and bits of pork cutlet) and added 8 shrimp, two fish balls, three leaves of bok choy, ¼ cup of red onion sliced thinly, 1/2 tsp. of instant dashi, 1 small shallot, 1 portabella sliced mushroom and two scallions.  I added Vietnamese Bun rice noodles.  Very delicious.

We worked until and did not feel like cooking so we ordered two pizzas from Pizza 9.  I enjoyed the Chicago style deep dish pizza and large balls of sausage on my sausage pizza.  Suzette’s vegetarian pizza was really delicious with fresh tomatoes, artichokes hearts (in water, not marinatd) and roasted eggplant.  We enjoyed the pizza with a bottle of Sangiovese from Trader Joes ($3.99) Unfortunately, I am a little lactose intolerant and up drinking chamomile tea after four pieces.

Bon Appètit

No comments:

Post a Comment