Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 29, 2012 Lunch – La Salita Dinner – Stir Fried Spaghetti


March 29, 2012 Lunch – La Salita   Dinner – Stir Fried Spaghetti

Mike and I went to La Salita for lunch and this time I decided to order only one Chile Relleno and refried beans off the Lite Bites section of the menu ($6.85).

This time the chile relleno was tough and left me with an upset stomach that lasted into the night.   But perhaps the stomach ache was also caused by being on deadline to file two pleading in the Lower Rio Grande adjudication.  I finished drafting and editing the pleadings and filed them and sent copies to my client for mailing to the distribution list at around 6:00 p.m. when Suzette called me to the dinner table, where I was pleasantly surprised to see a plate of her famous stir fried spaghetti. 

What Suzette had prepared was a combination of PPI’s.  A bit of two PPI’s: I spaghetti with mushrooms and the Spanish tapa of artichoke hearts and fresh peas and pork lardoons.  She fried the two PPI’s  together with some PPI spaghetti in a  large skillet with Spanish olive oil. Viola, stir fired spaghetti.  A magical five minute meal that we ate with an interesting and lovely soft smooth tasting bottle of Spanish wine made from several Spanish grapes and Gewürztraminer.  

After dinner I went to the Last Thursday Book Club meeting discussion of “The Good Soldier” with Charles Palmer.  A very full day.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment