Sunday, September 10, 2023

 September 9, 2023 a day in bed and a wine tasting


Many years ago I ate bad chicken in Mexico and got dysentery and ever since I have had very particular enzymes or bacteria in my gut that react violently to bad food or in the case of the baby pig, perhaps too fatty food that I can not digest due to the lack of a gall bladder.


I consider this aspect of my digestive system protective although the purging of all of the pig was not particularly pleasant and kept me in bed and the bathroom all of Saturday


We had scheduled a wine tasting in English at 1:00 where we are staying  with a tour bus of Danes and Norwegians, but when Suzette went to the tasting at 1:00 and waited until 1:45 when she was told to return in an hour because the bus had become lost somewhere south.


She went back at 3:00 and tasted an Albariño, 3 Lomeimos, and a 2019 Lomeimo plus ate snacks for her lunch.













She brought me a plate of snacks and I ate a couple of puff pastries and later a yogurt and a slice of brown bread with a slice of goat cheese.


I read and rested much of the day and cleared all the pig from my system.


I guess one can say, “what a difference a day makes.”


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment