Wednesday, September 27, 2023

September 26, 2023 Breakfast - El Super Chili Relleno burritos, Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - Ricotta stuffed Ravioli with smoked pork, asparagus, and tomato sauce

September 26, 2023 Breakfast - El Super Chili Relleno burritos, Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - Ricotta stuffed Ravioli with smoked pork, asparagus, and tomato sauce

Around 8:30 I went to El Super to refill the larder.  I bought lots, including zucchini, yellow squash, limes, lemons, Fuji apples, corn tortillas, sour cream, onions, leeks, ginger, romaine lettuce, cilantro, parsley, green beans, avocados, yogurt, milk, eggs, green onions, tomatoes, smoked pork chops, chorizo, asparagus, beets, and mushrooms.


Half way through the shopping I ate a chili Relleno plate with a chili Relleno, refried beans and two flour tortillas. I also drank a Mexican coke and added onions and cilantro from the condiments bar.




                                                 The chili rellenos on the hot tray line 


        The condiments bar: salsas, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro, and onions


I lay the warm flour tortilla on napkins on my tray, cut the relleno in half, covered each half with beans and made two chili Relleno burritos.


Breakfast is always the best time to eat at El Super’s La Cocina because everything is fresh. After a few hours on the hot tray food line the chili rellenos turn into hockey pucks as the creamy cheese filling solidifies.


After I finished shopping and unloaded the car, it was approaching 1:30 and I decided to make lunch.


I filled a 3 quart pot 2/3 with water and added a tsp. dehydrated dashi, a 

T. of dried seaweed, 1 1/2 T. of red miso and mung bean, wheat, and rice noodles and cooked them about 20 minutes while I added a chorizo, a sliced mushroom, and the white portion of a Mexican green onion.


I also sliced the remaining green stalk of the green onion into thin ringlets to garnish the soup.


I usually add 1 T. of miso, so the added miso enriched the flavor of the soup broth, as did the extra dehydrated dashi.



After lunch I reviewed an agreement and then walked to the bank and back at a more rapid pace than before the trip.


I returned home at 4:05 about ten minutes before Meditation and meditated until about 4:45.


Suzette came home during meditation and after meditation we discussed dinner.  I told her I had bought smoked pork chops, asparagus, and tomatoes. 


She went to the garage fridge and began thawing lamb chops, ground beef, and a steak. 


She also found a plastic box of ricotta filled ravioli and decided to boil the ravioli and make a sauce with the pork cutlet, onion, some garlic, tomato, and asparagus, 


She also fetched a chilled bottle of Ferme Julien rose. The chilled Southern Rhone rose tasted fabulous.


I was returning phone calls and trying to change my verification code on an app until Suzette called me to dinner.


She lay the cooked ravioli in a pasta bowl and smothered them with the sauce.






We took the dishes to the table on the patio but I soon retreated to the house after being attacked by a number of mosquitos and left the rest of my dinner for tomorrow’s lunch. 


I had eaten two large meals and Suzette had eaten none today before dinner, which explained her hunger and my lack of hunger.


It appears that the trend established on our trip to Spain of eating a big breakfast and lunch and no or little dinner is continuing.


If I can keep to two meals per day and keep up the exercise I should be able to further improve my stamina.


The fact that I did not crave dinner or a dessert today was a hopeful sign.


We watched Finding Your Roots and then went to bed at 8:00.. I blogged a bit but soon fell asleep.


I awakened at 3:00 to finish this blog.


Tomorrow will be a busy day with the Santa Fe Chili and Wine Festival to the trade tasting in the afternoon and a jazz concert in the evening at the Outpost.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment