Saturday, September 30, 2023

September 30, 2023 Brunch - BLT Sandwiches. Dinner - Ratatouille

 September 30, 2023 Brunch - BLT Sandwiches. Dinner - Ratatouille 


I did not eat breakfast. Instead I worked to prepare a filing.


Then at 10:00 Suzette fried bacon, spun some of the lovely butter lettuce we bought yesterday at Costco, sliced a tomato from our garden, and sliced an avocado.


She sliced and toasted four slices of rosemary bread and we made BLTs with avocado.  We spread mayonnaise on the toast and then layered tomato and avocado slices, bacon, and finally lettuce for delicious sandwiches. 


As usual I made two open faced sandwiches that I ate with a knife and fork and Suzette made a single sandwich that she ate with her hand.





These were near perfect BLTs because wonderful fresh homegrown tomato, beautiful bibb lettuce, a nice ripe avocado, reshape rosemary bread, and crisp thick cut bacon


I poured out the last of the Kirkland Pinot Grigio and Suzette fetched a bottle of Crayon French rose from the fridge in the garage for her glass of wine.


I also ate two dill pickles with the BLTs.


After brunch at 11:00 I reviewed a contract until 1:00


I then snacked on Vita herring in wine sauce with bites of the German herring salad made at the Bistro.  


Then I watched some football and helped Suzette move a table from the Prius into the garage and at 3:00 made a casserole of ratatouille. I diced the two eggplants from our garden, a zucchini, a yellow squash, two tomatoes, a medium onion, five cloves of garlic, and about 1 cup of fresh oregano minced.


Texas won, which was great and Georgia beat Auburn in a tight game.


Michigan won in a blowout, so the top three teams should remained unchanged.


At 4:00 I showered and dressed for the symphony and then ate two small bowls of the ratatouille.


We drove to the symphony at 5:20.  Tonight was an all Rachmaninoff program, the Piano concerto No. 2 was excellent. Then the second half of the program was his symphony No. 1.


I loved the,piano concerto


We returned home around 8:45.


Suzette went to bed, but I stayed up to watch TCU lose to West Virginia and then a bit of Death in Paradise and then blogged.


I enjoyed my quiet day.


Bon Appetit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment