Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7, 2018 A super Interesting food day. Lunch – Chicken and Cilantro dumpling and Shrimp Miso Chicken Soup. Dinner – Seared Tuna steak with beef stew flavored Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli

February 7, 2018 A super Interesting food day.  Lunch – Chicken and Cilantro dumpling and Shrimp Miso Chicken Soup. Dinner – Seared Tuna steak with beef stew flavored Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli

Food combinations get strange as we approach a vacation and today was a good example.

I wanted to make a soup but had few vegetables of meats to choose from.  I settled on using a dozen frozen chicken and cilantro dumplings from Costco and the last three large shrimp from a bag in the freezer that I cooked in a pot filled with several quarts of water seasoned with
Knorr Dehydrated chicken stock and a heaping T. of red miso.  I also chopped up several stalks of celery and about ¼ cup of parsley’s day added that with about 8 oz. of diced medium tofu.

The soup was delicious.  I simmered the ingredients for several minutes so the dumplings and shrimp were tender and hot.



After lunch I drove to Sprouts and bought sea scallops for $9.99/lb. and a 1 lb. tuna steak, asparagus for $1.48/lb., an eggplant for $.50, Sprouts olive oil on sale for $6.99 for a liter, and green beans for $.99/lb.

When I returned home I worked for a bit and then at 3:30 rode to Montano and back.

At 6:00 I went to meditate and returned home at 7:00.  Suzette arrived a bit after 7:00.  We decided to sear the tuna steak, steam the small head of broccoli and heat the PPI mashed potatoes and beef stew.



The beef stew was mostly flavorful beef sauce that Suzette served on top of the mashed potatoes.  Dinner was wonderful.  I drank a glass of sake and Suzette drank her scotch.

After dinner I ate the last piece of Clafoutis with a squirt of Redi-Whip canned whipped cream.

We spent an hour troubleshooting our HP printer then went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment