Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 27, 2018 Lunch – Super Salad. Dinner – Reconstituted PPI French Onion Soup

February 27, 2018 Lunch – Super Salad. Dinner – Reconstituted PPI French Onion Soup

I didn’t go to Souper Salad for lunch. I made a super salad with the last head of romaine, a handful of grape tomatoes, 1/3 of a cucumber sliced, two green onions, about 3 oz. of Gravad Lax diced, an avocado, and four anchovies and dressed the salad with a Cesar salad dressing.  I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread and melted slices of Manchego cheese on it and drank a glass of Clamato juice with the salad.


I rode today into the wind a couple of miles south and then breezed back home blown along by what was now a gusty tail wind from 3:15 to 4:00.

I had no plan for dinner.  Instead I meditated with Todd a bit after 5:00.

Suzette arrived just as we were finishing around 5:45.

Suzette took control of the menu and quickly decided to heat the remaining French Onion Soup.  I suggested some additions to the soup to freshen it up and expand it so there would be enough soup for Willy to have some.  I started by adding about ½ T. of beef broth concentrate and 12 oz. of water.  I then added about 3 or 4 oz. of dry white vermouth.  Suzette added asparagus stalks chopped into bite sized pieces and four large Napa cabbage leaves cut in half vertically and then sliced into thin slices.  I sliced three mushrooms into thin slices and Suzette added the last of the Crème fraiche and some salt.

I made another melted cheese crouton with a toasted slice of whole wheat bread covered with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and Suzette added slices of cheese to her bowl of soup.  We enjoyed this simple dinner because it had lots of flavor and an interesting array of ingredients.

Amazingly, the soup’s earlier flour flavor and heaviness had dissipated.


We did not drink wine tonight.  I drank a cup of chai made with Earl ?Grey tea and a chai masala seasoning bag with milk and 1/2 tsp. of honey after dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment