Tuesday, August 8, 2023

August 8, 2023 Lunch -Costco hot dog. Dinner - Prepared Lamb Shanks in pomegranate and fig sauce with fresh figs and PPI Roasted Root Vegetables and Sautéed Rapini

August 8, 2023 Lunch -Costco hot dog. Dinner - Prepared Lamb Shanks in pomegranate and fig sauce with fresh figs and PPI Roasted Root Vegetables and Sautéed Rapini 

I ate granola, milk and yogurt and blueberries for breakfast.


Then at 10:00 I drove to Pres in Rio Rancho for a PT session at 10:45.


I am making progress and feeling less pain, so it must be working.


After PT I drove to Home Depot and bought several items that we and Suzette needed.


I then drove across the street to Costco to pick up a prescription and eat lunch.  I ate a hot dog with pink lemonade.  Today was very special because they are now giving small containers of chopped onion with each hot dog, so it is just like old times.





As I finished my hot dog there was a deluge of rain and so I decided to eat another hot dog and wait for the rain to stop.


It did not slow down until about twenty minutes after I finished the second hot dog.  I sat on the banco in the entrance and read Oppenheimer.


The rain was so strong and blown by the wind that they lowered the overhead doors on two of the entrances to keep the rain from blowing in.


After the rain subsided a bit I walked to the car and drove home.


It was 2:30 and I was tired so I napped until 4:00?


I tried on my suit pants and they still fit so I can dress for court tomorrow.


I worked on several cases until dinner.


Willy came over and helped prepare dinner, while I was trying to fix a jam in the printer.


Willy sliced mushrooms and red onion.  Then I went to the kitchen and sliced a bit more than 1/2 f the bunch of fresh Rapini.


Suzette then sautéed the mushrooms, onion, and Rapini in the wok.


She also heated the bag filled with a lamb shank and pomegranate and fig sauce and went out to the fig tree and picked eight or nine fresh figs.


She reheated the roasted vegetables and the lamb shank in the microwave and then plated them with sautéed Rapini.  I cut the lamb meat off the bone and Willy served it and Suzette served the Roasted Vegetables and Rapini.


   




I opened a 2021 Jadot Beaujolais Village that was a lovely fruity wine without being chalky.


We enjoyed conversation during dinner and watch a Findings Your Roots.


At 8:30 I went back to work and Willy left.


Suzette went bed early and I worked until 9:30.


Then I blogged and read myself to sleep around 10:30.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment