Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4, 2023 Lunch - Herring and Prosciutto Sandwiches. Dinner - Roasted Pork Tacos with dipping sauce

August 4, 2023 Lunch - Herring and Prosciutto Sandwiches. Dinner - Roasted Pork Tacos with dipping sauce


Another busy day of work from 6:00 until 3:45. 


I ate a heated chocolate croissant from Le Chantilly for breakfast with a cup of chai. I enjoyed the big gooey croissant filled with dark chocolate chips that melted when heated in the microwave for 30:seconds.


Then I got concurrences and filed pleadings with courts for most of the rest of the day except for two long telephone conversations, one with Leslie and the other with Robert.


I also helped Casa Arbil with their transaction.


At 2:00 I was getting hungry ad there were no leftovers, so I cut two slices of the Bosque Bakery whole wheat bread and spread one with sour cream and the other with basil Mayo. I put slices of onion on both and on thesour cream I laid slices of pickled herring in wine sauce and on the Mayo I lay slices of prosciutto and Gouda cheese and mustard.  I completed my lunch with three slices of dill pickle and about a dozen cracked green olives.




I drank a glass of Pinot Grigio rose with lunch.


I then worked until 3:45 when I drove to the bank because the temperature had reached 100 degrees and I did not wish to walk in the heat. When I returned home I took a package of prepared lamb shanks from the freezer to thaw for tomorrow night’s dinner.


Then  I sent my billing to Shahin and at 5:00 lay down about the time that Suzette came home. I napped until 6:30 when Suzette woke me to begin dinner.


I made us Gin and tonics and then waited while Suzette heated the PPI Pork roast stew and tortillas and picked and chopped lettuce from the garden for garnish. She also heated seven or eight small tortillas in the microwave and fetched the crema.


We made our own tacos. I guess technically I made tostados because I lay three warmed tortillas flat on the plate and spooned pork stew on them and garnished them with lettuce and dollops of sour cream.


I drank my gin and tonic with dinner and Suzette drank a Dos Equis.


We then watched a lovely heart warming 2022 movie on Prime titled “Mrs. Harris goes to Paris” about an English cleaning woman who decides to save her money and go to Paris to buy a Christian Dior Haute Couture gown. She is a warm person who befriends everyone she meets and helps them.


We went to bed at 9:30 when the movie ended.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment