Thursday, August 29, 2019

August 28, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s Ristorante Dinner- Vietnam 2000


August 28, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s Ristorante   Dinner- Vietnam 2000

The day started early with the arrival of the film crew to prep the house for the shoot next Tuesday at 7:00.

I wanted to ride so I toasted a slice of whole wheat bagel and smeared it with cream cheese and added slices of onion and lax and at that at 7:30,

Then Matt, our location coordinator, went to Java Joes and fetched us breakfast burritos and we ate them with him and Michael our individual location person.  They were big and doughy and filling.

I then dressed in my biking clothes and biked to Bill’s office to work with Sally to file the exhibits for my Reply that I was not able to file yesterday.  We talked and then I rode south to the end of the fields and back to Bill’s office, a distance of about 8 miles.

After Sally was finished, I went home and took a shower and dressed for the day.

I worked until 2:00 when I drove to Capo’s to eat lunch.  The lunch special was $6.99 for a nice salad and a large plate filled with a couple of thinly sliced, breaded and sautéed slices of eggplant covered with a creamy cheese sauce and a pile of spaghetti covered with a lovely fresh marinara sauce and a basket of fresh warmed Italian bread slices.  I loved it and even though I had ridden, I could not finish it.  I boxed the last third and took it home for another day.

I worked until 5:00 in my office as painters and crew worked in the rest of the house, painting in the kitchen and moving furniture.

At 5:00 Suzette came home and we had a drink of Chianti and rested for a few minutes and discussed the new dish she created for her Greenhouse Bistro restaurant in Los Lunas.  It is a Vietnamese rice paper wrapper around a lettuce wrap stuffed with pickled vegetables and lots of other vegetarian ingredients to create a vegan, gluten free dish for the spa and Bistro.

We checked to see when Talin closed so we could go there for ingredients Suzette needs for her dish and discovered it closed at 7:30.

So I went to meditate early and Dennis was waiting when I arrived at 6:45 and we finished meditating at 6:30 and I returned home at 6:45 and we left for Talin at 7:00.  We called Willy to tell him we were going to dinner at Vietnam 2000 at 7:45 and if he wished to meet us, we could eat dinner together.

When we got to the restaurant, Suzette said she wanted to try something different, so I selected a patted rice noodle dish (Banh) with egg rolls and grilled pork that is served with lettuce leaves, sliced cucumbers, cilantro and a fish sauce for dipping.

Willy ordered a Vietnamese sandwich stuffed with pork and other ingredients and a No. 21, which is Bun Cha Gio, a large bowl with salad and cucumbers and herbs on the bottom, soft boiled rice vermicelli in the middle and egg rolls and grilled pork on the top. Suzette ordered a fried egg roll appetizer and helped me eat my plate of Bahn.

Egg rolls were the theme of the evening in all their different manifestations. I think Vietnam 2000 makes the best egg rolls in town.  We ate all eight egg rolls served in their various settings.  Four on the appetizer plate, two on Willy’s No. 21 and two on my plate of Bahn.

We finished dinner by 8:45 and went home to bed after saying goodnight to the film crew’s night watchman.

I woke up at 12:30 to write this blog.  Pictures to follow in an update.

Since we cannot use our kitchen we will be eating out a lot this next week.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment