Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August 27, 2019 Lunch – Salad with Liverwurst and Port Salut Cheese Dinner- Stir Fried Smoke Pork Chop, Yu Choy, Water Chestnuts, and Bamboo Shoots with Couscous


August 27, 2019  Lunch – Salad with Liverwurst and Port Salut Cheese  Dinner- Stir Fried Smoke Pork Chop, Yu Choy, Water Chestnuts, and Bamboo Shoots with Couscous

I worked from 2:30 until 5:30 and then sent the draft to Bill and Sally and then worked on the reply from 7:30 this morning until 10:00, when I made breakfast of granola, tropical fruit salad, and yogurt.

I then showered and dressed and met with a new client for a consultation.  We got his transaction figured out moving by noon.

I then talked to Sally and she said Bill had edited the draft I had sent at 7:30 in the morning.  She said she would merge the two, so I sent my new draft to her and made my lunch.

I decided to make a salad with PPIs, so I chopped the last of a head of green leaf lettuce, sliced four or five small tomatoes from Suzette’s garden in Los Lunas in half, peeled and sliced 1/3 of cucumber, sliced a green onion, and then cubed the last slice of liverwurst and the last cube of Port Salut cheese that Mike had brought to dinner a month ago.  I added olive oil to the dressing and drizzled the salad with  tarragon dressing and garnished it with a couple of tsp. of capers. 

The salad was delicious, very fresh and wonderfully flavorful with the rich creamy liverwurst and Port Salut counter posed to the clean fresh lettuce and dressing.

After lunch I worked to get my Reply and Exhibits together and sent back to Bill and Sally.

At 4:00 I sent the final draft and drove to the bank and deposited my checks for the deed work I do and then went by Bill’s office.  Bill was still working on his final edit and we went over it together and then Sally sent it to me.

I went home at 4:45 but had difficulty uploading all my exhibits, but by 5:45 I filed it.

Suzette called and I barked at her around 5:15 when I was trying unsuccessfully to upload my Reply into the court’s electronic filing system.

I was in a better mood when she returned from Costco at 6:30.  We discussed dinner and decided to use up more ingredients.  We decided to Stir Fry the last two smoked pork chops with the bag of Yu Choy I bought at Talin last Tuesday.

I diced ½ onion, a zucchini, and 1 T. of elephant garlic and about 1 T. of ginger root.  I then opened small cans of water chestnuts and sliced bamboo shoots.
Then I sliced the bag of Yu Choy, which is a thinner more delicate green, not unlike Chinese broccoli but thinner stems and not many heads of flowerets, separating the stalks from the leaves and then rinsing both. Finally, I diced the pork chops.

I heated 2 T. of peanut oil in the wok and added the onion, garlic, Yu Choy stems, ginger, and zucchini and stir fried them for a bit.  Then I added the cubed pork, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts and stir fried those ingredients with the firm vegetables. I forgot to add beech mushrooms, alas, but the wok was getting really filled.  So, I finished by adding the leaves of Yu Choy and a seasoning sauce I made with 1 T. soy sauce, 3 T. Chinese cooking wine, 1 T. cornstarch, and 1 tsp. of sesame oil plus about ¼ cup of water, a tsp. of sugar and ½ tsp. of salt and covered the wok to steam the Yu choy leaves.  After a minute or two I stirred everything together. The sauce was not thickening so I took the wok cover off and stir-fried the mixture another couple of minutes until a sauce began to develop.  I heated the container of PPI couscous from the fridge and Suzette divided the couscous onto two plates and we each served ourselves heaping spoonsful of the Yu Choy stir-fry.

We drank the rest of a bottle of Emma Reichard Rose with dinner.

No dessert, but I ate some PPI candy from the last neighborhood cocktail party made with walnuts and caramel to get rid of another PPI.

We went to bed at 9:30, but were awaken by the alarm at 2:30.  Suzette thought she saw a mouse in Willy’s room that may have triggered the alarm.

I set a trap and then blogged these last two day’s food blogs.

We are both busy but seem to be eating well as we clean the fridge.

I can add the beech mushrooms to the 32 oz. of PPI Yu Choy stir fry to freshen it up tomorrow night, if we do not eat chicken mole with refried beans.

The idea is to get the fridge and counters empty, since we will not be able to cook while the film crews are working in the house starting tomorrow.  We will need to stay at the Hotel Chaco Monday and Tuesday night, since the filming location will be the kitchen.  Voila.

Film crews are like armies, they show up with everything they need including food trucks with catered meals for the crew that are setting up and filming the scenes for hours at a time. This shoot will involve three days of set up and prep, a day of shooting and two days of taking down the set and replacing everything back to its original condition.  In essence, they rent our house for those days.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment