Wednesday, August 21, 2019

August 20, 2019 Lunch – Vinaigrette Dinner- Liverwurst Sandwiches and Jarlsberg cheese sandwich


August 20, 2019 Lunch – Vinaigrette Dinner- Liverwurst Sandwiches and Jarlsberg cheese sandwich

I am still without an I Pad so will muddle through the old fashion way on my laptop.

I slept in a bit again until 7:30.  I ate a bowl of granola, milk, tropical fruit salad and yogurt and then Suzette and I walked a few blocks.

She left for an appointment and I worked a bit until 11:00, then dressed for court and when Suzette returned around 11:30 we drove to Vinaigrette in separate cars to meet Chris Goblet for lunch. I ordered the Duck Arugula Salad with arugula, garden greens, goat cheese, duck confit, and poached pears. Suzette ordered a Seasonal Salad with Peaches and Prosciutto and Willy and Chris ordered ½ sandwiches with ½ salads.  We enjoyed our salads and conversation about how to make the candy store into a wine tasting and sales shop.  

He was very energized to advance New Mexico wine and was receptive to our idea of making the Candy Store a kind of Maison du Vin.  What I mean by that is that in most wine producing regions of France I have visited there is a government sponsored Visitors Center and right next door or near it is a Maison du Vin, which is a tasting room and sales shop for the wines of that region supported by the wineries.

After lunch I went home and then to Court at 2:00 for the hearing in the case I am co-counsel in with Robert P. I argued Robert’s motion to strike any counterclaims and it was granted, thanks to his excellent briefing.

I then went home and changed out of my dress clothes and read until 5:00 when Suzette came home. I actually had a bad reaction to the Duck Confit Salad, similar to the one I had when I ate the salad before.

Suzette was tired and did not want to cook, which was fine with me because I did not feel like eating. I sliced a whole wheat dinner roll into three slices and toasted two of them.  I wanted something that would not upset my stomach, so I spread the chive and basil mayonnaise on the toast and added slices of liverwurst and ate them with a glass of tonic water and lime juice.  A little later I was feeling better and toasted the smaller top portion of the roll and buttered it and added slices of Jarlsberg cheese and ate it with a cup of hot tea.

That was it for food for me, except later I ate several slices of watermelon.

Suzette ate sparingly also.

I cannot believe that my body reacted to the duck confit salad so violently.  I guess I will go back to the greasy Frisee Salad at Vinaigrette.

I had an interesting day in the Market.  I almost like these days the best.  The Dow dropped 173 points with most stocks dropping, but the tech and energy sectors held firm and Home Depot announced higher than expected earnings and rallied over $9.00.  Since I own 300 shares of Home Depot, my loss for the day was negligable.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment