Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6, 2017 Lunch – Vietnamese Noodle Miso Soup with Scallops. Dinner – Hamburger Helper with Zucchini and onion and steamed string beans

December 6, 2017  Lunch – Vietnamese Noodle Miso Soup with Scallops.  Dinner – Hamburger Helper with Zucchini and onion and steamed string beans

As winter closes in on us and the first blizzard like wind blow, I seem to want to huddle indoors and cook easy quick meals.  Today was a near repetition of yesterday’s meals through lunch.  Granola for breakfast and Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup for lunch except for the replacement of the diced pork cutlet of yesterday with the PPI scallops and Bulgar from last night’s meal today.


Again after lunch I napped for an hour and at 4:00 I bundled up and rode five miles south .

I decided to use a lb. of the hamburger I bought at Sprouts for $3.99/lb. yesterday.  I diced a small onion and three zucchini and snapped the tender ½ lb. of green beans I picked for $1.99/lb. yesterday at Sprouts.

Then I went to meditate.  When I returned at 7:06 Suzette was home watching Rachel Maddow’s continuing saga of what we know and when will the shoe drop..  Today’s stunner was the invoking of lawyer client privilege by Donald Jr. In the day long interview with the House Intelligence Committee to avoid answering the question,”did you have a conversation with your Dad about the June 6 meeting in Trump Tower with the aRussians and if so what was said?”  Stunning because neither Trump is a lawyer.  Trump’s defense of invoking the privilege was, “There was an attorney present in the conversation.”  I would hate to be that attorney.

I started sautéeing the diced onion and zucchini in a light drizzle of olive oil and added about 1lb. of the hamburger meat and added five small cloves of garlic, a dash of Taco seasoning, about 1 T. of oregano from our garden, 1 tsp. of ground cumin, ½ tsp. of cinnamon, 1 tsp. of Chimayo medium hot ground chili.  I covered the large skillet and let the mixture cook for about fifteen minutes.  Then Suzette came to the kitchen and made an avocado cream by mixing the edible pulp of the last four avocados bought last week at El Super for 4 for $.99 with cream sin sal and then spread grated cheddar cheese on the top of dish and covered it again to let the cheese melt.  Then she steamed the green beans.  I fetched two Negra Modelos and opened them as she was plating the dish and cooked green beans.



As we ate our dinner I told Suzette that this was the kind of one dish meal we used to make when I was a Boy Scout, but with cooked rice .  Suzette said, “ It usually is served over pasta, but we are avoiding pasta.”

We both ate hardly and ate seconds and there was still some left for a PPI.

Suzette booked airfare back to Harrisburg to see her dad, who is not doing well.

I took a small shot of Bartlett Rusticator Rum to bed and read around 8:45 and woke up at midnight and blogged this entry as the wind swirled leaves outside our patio door during our first bid winter storm.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment