Friday, December 15, 2017

December 15, 2017 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with spinach. Dinner – Neighborhood Christmas Party at the Cronin’s


December 15, 2017 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with spinach. Dinner – Neighborhood Christmas Party at the Cronin’s

I ate my usual granola, blueberries, yogurt, and milk with a few wedges of banana at 9:00.

Then at 1:00 I heated the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup from yesterday and filled the pot with fresh spinach and heated it and stewed the spinach n the broth and added a handful of fresh mung bean sprouts and ate a large bowl of wonderful soup.



I worked this afternoon on a transaction until 4:00 when Mad Money came on.  There was not much to say today because almost every stock went on the news of the agreement on the final tax bill in Congress.

I rested for about an hour and then at 6:00 I went to the basement and fetched the fruit cake and filled a cake platter with slices of cake and decorated it with holly boughs.

Christmas Fruitcake
 At 7:00 I went to the neighborhood Christmas Party at Peg and Dick Cronin’s house on San Cristobal.  They collect contemporary art, so it was fun to see their art; three Horgans and lots of Japanese woodcut prints..

Everyone brought lovely food and wine.  The best dish was a gelatin mold of canned salmon and
mayonnaise drizzled with a lovely sour cream, mayonnaise, and fresh dill sauce made by Susan Feil, who claimed it was an early Cuisinart recipe she was given by a friend when she lived in Chicago 40 years ago.  I must have been the same vintage as  Mother’s Van Cliburn Competition Shrimp Mold.  Here are the recipes.







There were spanokapitas, baked spinach in croute, shrimp. brandy beans, cookies, candies, and lots of cheeses and desserts.

I ate and drank, and talked all evening.  It was fun.

I took a bottle of 2014 Sheehan Chardonnay.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment