Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 24, 2017 Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup with Corned Beef and cabbage, Dinner – Sautéed shrimp with green beans, tomato, onion, and chard.



April 24, 2017 Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup with Corned Beef and cabbage,  Dinner – Sautéed shrimp with green beans, tomato, onion, and chard.

For lunch I wanted to use the PPI corned beef and cabbage stew.  I made my usual noodle soup, except I added the stew for part of the liquid and did not add any Pho seasoning.  I used large 30 cm. Squares of rice noodle and wheat noodles, but no bean thread noodles also.  I went to the garden and picked a large basket of chard, cleaned and destemmed it and added a large handful of chard to the soup.

In the afternoon I thawed out a package of medium heads on shrimp for dinner.

When Suzette came home we discussed dinner and decided to sautéed the shrimp in their shells so they would retain all their flavor and tenderness.  We also decided to use ½ onion, the approximately 1 cup of green beans, two zucchini, and juice of ½ lemon and 2 tsp. of capers and sprinkle parsley on top.

I went to the garden and picked about seven stalks of parsley and chopped it.

Suzette then started cooking.  She heated butter and olive oil in a large skillet and sautéed the onion, then added the green beans, the diced tomato, the shrimp, and finally approximately 1 cup of chard left from my lunch harvest plus ½ cup of wine and about ¾ cup of water to develop a sauce during the 20 minute cooking period.

We heated about 1 1/2 cup of PPI rice and served the shrimp over rice, sort of etouffe style.

I opened a bottle of Crayon Rose (Trader Joe’s $5.99).  The light fruity rose went well with the tangy slightly citrusy flavor of the shrimp.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment