Monday, February 13, 2017

February 11, 2017 Lunch – Peanut Butter sandwich Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus. Tzatziki, and PPI Roasted Vegetables



February 11, 2017 Lunch – Peanut Butter sandwich  Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus. Tzatziki, and PPI Roasted Vegetables

We ate yogurt, granola, and dried cranberries and pineapple.

We slept some more and when we awoke I made peanut butter and honey sandwiches on the last two pieces of rye bread.

I planned to grill asparagus and lamb chops and serve it with the last of the roasted vegetables.  I called and invited Willy to dinner and he came by and then rode to Bookworks and bought a book on the Holocaust.

While he was gone I made tzatziki.

Tzatziki

1 cup yogurt
Three or four small cloves of minced garlic
2 T. of olive oil
2 T. of lemon juice
¼ cup fresh chopped mint
I tomato diced
1 ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
½ tsp. Salt or to taste

I then snapped the tough ends off a dozen spears of asparagus and put them into a gallon freezer bag given to me by Suzette so she could season them with salt and olive oil to coat them with evenly with oil.

When Willy returned around 7:00 Suzette went into full cooking mode.  We lit the gas grill outside and she grilled five lamb chops and the asparagus and heated the Roasted vegetables in the microwave.
I was worried about my liver function and a Suzette was still suffering from her stomach bug so we decided to forgo wine.

I put the bowl of tzatziki on the table and we plated up our dinner.  It was not an elegant affair.  Willy choked on a sinew in a lamb chop that put him off eating and Suzette and I were already off our food, due to illness.

We watched Bill Maher, which we enjoyed and then Willy went to meet Robin for an evening out on the town.

We stayed up to see SNL and loved the Melissa McCarthy imitation of Spicer and Weekend Update and then went to bed.

Bon Aoppetit

No comments:

Post a Comment