Monday, May 23, 2016

May 21, 2016 farmers’ Market, Almond Croissants, BLT Sandwiches! Dinner – Aluminum Foil Wrapped Cod and Cauliflower Couscous with Garbanzos and Preserved Lemon and Clafoutis

QMay 21, 2016 farmers’ Market, Almond Croissants, BLT Sandwiches!  Dinner – Aluminum Foil Wrapped Cod and Cauliflower Couscous with Garbanzos and Preserved Lemon and Clafoutis 

We went to the Farmers’ Market Downtown at 8:45 and it was mobbed.  Suzette bought a locally grown tomato, four bunches of radishes, and 6 tomato plants.  I bought two almond croissants for Willy and me.

When we returned home I was hungry and Willy and I had tea and an almond croissant.  The reason I like these almond croissants the best is because our local French baker mixes almond milk into the dough, which produces a moist almond flavor infused into the puff pastry of the croissant.  Others I have had that either roll marzipan into layers of pastry dough or put bake a layer of marzipan on top of the croissants are all inferior to this method.

After my discourse on the wonderful almond croissants, Suzette said she was hungry and was going to make a BLT sandwich and asked if  Willy and I wanted one. Willy and I decided to split a sandwich, so Suzette fried six slices of thick cut bacon,  I sliced the tomato she had bought that morning, and she sliced four slices of the Bosque Bakery whole wheat Sourdough loaf.

I finished cooking the bacon to crisp and we toasted the bread and fetched Willy’s Basil mayo and regular mayo and lettuce from the garden and made wonderful sandwiches.

For dinner we had decided to bake the cod Willy had bought on Thursday at Sprouts in aluminum foil wrapped in the Hoja Santa leaves I had bought last week at Ranchos Market.  I had wrapped the bundle of leaves in wet paper towels and put it in a sandwich bag and sealed it.  It held the moisture beautifully and was as fresh as the day I bought the leaves.

Suzette put pieces of cod on the leaves and I cut slices of poblano chili , fresh sprigs of cilantro, and tomato on them and Suzette put slices of butter on and then doused them with white wine and crimped the two pieces of foil separately.







She then grilled the fish packets on a medium heat for about twenty minutes.  

Suzette the made her famous Cauliflower Couscous with the fresh purple tinted cauliflower she bought attack the Farmers's Market, garbanzos, and preserved lemon, garlic and grape seed oil and we added about 1 cup of chard.


We opened the packets and aded couscous and I drank a Negra Modelo beer with mine and Suzette drank the last of the Nessa Albariño.

For dessert, we finished the Clafoutis.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment