Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016 Lunch – Azuma, Dinner – a PPI Trifecta; Seafood Fried Rice a new recipe

April 4, 2016 Lunch – Azuma, Dinner – a PPI Trifecta; Seafood Fried Rice a new recipe

I made tropical fruit salad yesterday with a papaya, a pineapple, several mangoes, and several oranges.  On Saturday I went to Ranch Market and bought shrimp for $3.99/lb., LaLaMango Yogurt 32 oz. for $2.50, avocados 5for $.99, and a few other items.

For breakfast today I ate my favorite breakfast in Mexico, tropical fruit salad, mango yogurt and granola.

I called Robert Mueller and met him for lunch at noon at Azuma.  Monday is the best day for sushi at Azuma because the fresh fish is delivered on Mondays and Thursdays, but Monday's there are the fewest people.  

We ordered our usual, Chirashi Donburi lunch for $14.95; 12 pieces of fish served in a box on a bed of sushi rice usually with daikon pickle and omelet spears with some shredded fresh daikon.  I love it.


After lunch I stopped at Fano and bought a baguette for $3.00 and then went home.  I rode to Rio Bravo and watched Mad Money.  

I had an idea for dinner but wanted to check with Suzette.  We had PPI baked Pink Grouper, the shrimp I bought on Saturday at Ranch Market and the stir fried scallops and bamboo shoots from last night.  I decided to stir fry all,of the seafood PPIs with boiled flat Vietnamese rice noodles.  When I told Suzette my idea when she arrived around 6:20, we started taking ingredients out of the fridge.  When she opened the pot of PPI rice and stir fried scallops, she said, “Let’s make seafood Fried Rice with this rice.”  I could not argue with such a great idea, because fried rice is Willy’s favorite dish and we had all the ingredients.  

So, I fetched the eggs and we cracked, whipped 2 eggs with 1 tsp. Of sweet soy and fried them into a pancake in 2 T. of peanut oil.  We the tossed in the rice and stir fried scallops and then the shelled shrimp.  I fetched the snow peas and beach mushrooms from the fridge and we threw them in and the Suzette skinned and cut up the PPI baked Pink Grouper with the BBQ shrimp sauce and I added 1 T. Chinese Rice Wine, ½ T. Soy sauce, and 1 tsp. sesame oil.  I sliced 1 large scallion and added the white portion and folded the mixture to heat it and cook the mushrooms, onion, and snow peas.  Suzette diced the egg pancake and added the chunks of egg to the mixture.  In another minute the dish was done.  We filled plates with the steaming hot mixture and I poured the last of the Sachet Vouvray into two glasses and we had a wonderful dinner.  


After dinner Willy and Suzette ate Mint Chocolate chip ice cream and I ate Java chip ice cream while we watched Antiques Roadshow, cheering when Suzette’s ad for the Center for Ageless Living was shown preceding the Roadshow.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment