Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 1, 2016 Lunch – Mapo Dofu and Ratatouille, Dinner – Tapas at Greenhouse Bistro and snacks at home

April 1, 2016 Lunch – Mapo Dofu and Ratatouille, Dinner – Tapas at Greenhouse Bistro and snacks at home

I worked at home until lunch.  I decided to eat a simple lunch, so I heated PPI Ratatouille and Mapo Dofu with a bit of PPI rice.  The lunch was wonderful.  I realize that I make dishes that please my taste with lots of fresh ingredients cooked into stews that create their own sauce and flavor.

I drove to the Center for Ageless Living for a massage with Pierre at 3:30 that lasted until 5:00. After I dressed I walked across the parking lot to the Greenhouse Bistro.  Today was a wine party featuring discounted wine at $6.00 per glass and special menu of tapas.  Chef Kelly showed me the assortment of tapas, including chicken croquettes, an olive medley, the tapa Suzette and I discovered in San Sebastián, Spain of pork, green peas, artichoke hearts, pimientos, and saffron, a white bean and cauliflower tapa, roasted vegetables, and sautéed chorizo meatballs.  I placed a couple of bites of each on a earthen ware plate and settled at a table near the table of wines.  Suzette joined me and we each were served a glass of Italian Sangiovese wine.  The chicken Croquette was my favorite tapa.  Chef Kelly told me he made it with a chicken mousse made of ground chicken, cream, egg white and seasonings rolled in bread crumbs and sauteed.  

After a few minutes I finished the tapas and my glass of wine, so I said goodbye to Suzette and drove home, arriving a bit after 6:00.  Willy was at home and I asked him if he would eat some Pate and cheese and bread.  He said, “I will eat some mayo on bread.” What he meant was the mayonnaise he made with fresh whipped basil and a bit of lemon juice.  

I opened the package of duck Pate’ I bought at Lowe’s for $7.99 and the plastic box of Delice cheese, a soft triple cream French cheese.  I opened a bottle of Cherry Blossom Pinot Noir (Trader Joe’s $3.99). I was amazed how pleasant the wine was, a clean tasting pinot noir without much character, but perfect to wash down the strong flavors of Delice and Pate’.

Suzette came in around 7:00 and joined us.  She liked the one with the food.  Ken Gillen told me last week that Trader Joe’S had sold out of Cherry Blossom when he's returned to buy more so you may wish to check before going to buy some.  

Later we ate chocolate chip cookies and I ate chocolate ice cream with rum and chocolate sauce.  

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment