Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 18, 2016 Less Is More wonderful, A PPI Day

April 18, 2016 Less Is More wonderful, A PPI Day

The lesson of this day is eating less and working more can be healthy.

I ate my usual breakfast of granola, yogurt, and milk with three last of a carton of slightly dehydrated blueberries around 9:00.

I reviewed a real estate transaction all morning and started on the final edit of the Response we needed to file in the LRG water case at 11:45.  I told myself, I would wait to eat lunch until I finished my edit of the Response.

Finally I sent it to my client at 3:00.  Willy was making pot stickers and I decided to make something quick so I could stay at home, because I was waiting for a call from my real estate transaction client, so I discussed with Wily the possible disposition of the Red Cooked Chicken and determined that we had only two pieces left, which meant less than enough for a dinner and just the right number of pieces for him and me to each have one piece.  He was fine with me eating one piece for lunch, so I heated one PPI Red Cooked Chicken thigh with ½ of the PPI rice in the microwave and deboned the chicken into bite sized pieces and ate them and the rice with chopsticks around 3:30.  Willy also shared a couple of his sautéed  pot stickers with me, but they had an industrial slightly processed taste that I did not like.

Then I got my call from my real estate client at 3:30 and resolve her transaction issues with her and her realtor.  At  4:00 I received back the Response from my water client.  I did the final edit of the Response and filed it at 4:55 p.m.

Suzette arrived at around 4:45 because we had decided to attend a lecture at UNM’s Medieval History Food lecture series at 7:15.  We took a tour of the gardens and I decided to have a snack of the potato soup s I had made yesterday, so I picked five or six chives in the garden and fetched the pot from the fridge in the garage and ladled a bowl of cold Vichyssoise. I thinly sliced the chives and garnished the soup with the chives.  Suzette also took a bowl of soup, so that became our dinner.  I had a second bowl, which I later regretted when I began to experience pain in my stomach during the lecture.

The lecture by Prof. Friedman from Yale dealt with the demand for spices in Europe and the trade in spices and their place in the economy and diet of Europe.

After the lecture at 9:00 we went home and Suzette soaked in the hot  tub and I watched Stanley Cup Playoff games and a Real Madrid soccer match and then my stock portfolio.  

At 10:30 I went to bed and slept well and did not wake due to my body working to process a big dinner.  I felt wonderful in the morning, which I attribute to one or more of several factors, taking vitamin B-12, D, and a multi vitamin as suggested by Dr. McVeety, getting the Response filed, and/or eating less food.  In any event I felt wonderful the next morning and think less food is part of the reason.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment