Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 22, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and Fried PPI Rice and Sugar Snap Peas

January 22, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and Fried PPI Rice and Sugar Snap Peas

I made some oatmeal with raisins and chopped walnuts for breakfast

Then for lunch I went to East Ocean for my favorite Chinese dish, Scallops in Lobster Sauce with Sweet and Sour Chicken, with hot tea for $6.95.  The restaurant uses the rather new to our market Peruvian deep sea scallops that are smaller than the North Atlantic ones but just as tasty for me and far better tasting than bay scallops.  The use of the cheaper Peruvian scallops allows East Ocean to include more scallops in the dish, which I find to be a big improvement.  Today’s prep was exceptionally good with lots of egg and sauce.  It is my favorite restaurant lunch experience.

After lunch I bought two baguettes at Fano’s Bakery and then went to Landmark Estate Sales and bought three 24 inch Florence Pierce resin works that Suzette found yesterday.  It seems like lots of art is coming our way these days.  

I then drove to Sprouts Farm Market at Academy and San Mateo, where I purchased baby portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, asparagus, a 1 lb. can of crab meat, large avocados, and leeks. 








Suzette has been shopping a lot lately and found a really wonderful nearly life size figure of a chef. 
Here it is sitting in our TV room.


When I returned home i rode to Rio Bravo and back without cold weather gear for the first time this year. 

Today was finally a good day for the market, so when I returned home I watched Cramer and then the news programs until Suzette arrived.  

We had tentatively decided to eat the PPI Bobby Flay chicken we fixed a couple of nights ago with PPI rice and Sugar snap peas and that is what we fixed.  I de-stemmed 1 cup of peas and Suzette sautéed them in the wok with rice and microwaved four thighs.  I asked Suzette what she wanted to drink with dinner and she said, “A light red Rioja” So I went to the basement and fetched a La Granja 50/50% Tempranillo/Grenache blend from Rioja and poured glasses of it.  Soon the food was ready. We enjoyed our simple, quick, and delicious dinner.  

The Bobby Flay method of cooking chicken pieces combines fricassed cooking for twenty minutes and the roasting the chicken in a 350 degree oven for twenty minutes.  The chicken is dusted with a rub made with black pepper, salt, ground fennel, and paprika. 



 After dinner I ate a bowl of Dark Cherry ice cream with dehydrated cherries that I rehydrated in the juice left in the bottle after all the Maraschino cherries are eaten.
 
I was tired after working most of the last two days and nights on a Petition for Rehearing for a part of my water case  on appeal to the 10th Circuit, so I went to bed around 8:30 and slept until 10:45. I could not sleep, so I watched “Children of a Lesser God” which I really enjoyed.  It is a love story between a deaf person, Marlee Matlin, and a speaking person, John Hurt.  
A terrific movie.

Bon Appetit 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment