Friday, January 15, 2016

January 15, 2016 Lunch – Ming Dynasty, Dinner with Debbie and Jeff

January 15, 2016 Lunch – Ming Dynasty, Dinner with Debbie and Jeff

I was in the Northeast Heights around lunch time so I drove to La Salita and noticed that Ming Dynasty was open as I drove by.  When I arrived at La Salita, it's parking lot was full, so I turned around and drove back to Ming a Dynasty at 1551 Eubank.  I ordered shrimp dumplings and BBQ pork buns off the dim sun menu and a pot of green tea.

I was first surprised when the tea in the pot was loose green tea instead of a tea bag, which made me think that I was in an authentic Chinese restaurant because they cared about the tea they served.  When the two small dim sun containers were served one contained 4 shrimp filled dumplings and the other  3 BBQ Pork filled steamed breads.  The dim sun were dead on with the dim sun I have eaten in other Chinese dim sun restaurants in San Diego and San Francisco.  I asked for the chili sauce and a bottle of it with a spoon was brought immediately.  I enjoyed my meal and will return.  The prices seemed fine; $3.20 for each Dim Sun (although there are more and less expensive selections on the Dim Sun menu) and $.70 for the pot of tea. 

We were invited to Debbie and Jeff’s house at the top of Glenwood Hills for dinner at 6:00.  Debbie made a pot of tortilla soup with tomatoes, black beans, chicken, and some broth, plus all the fixings: fried tortilla strips, sour cream, sliced bell peppers, and slices of avocado.  We started drinking a Gabbiano Chianti Reserva,  then a Gathering Tree Cabernet Sauvignon and after dinner we drank the bottle of Nessa Albariño we brought with the dessert of custard pie garnished with a berry compote.

By 8:45 we were all tired and said goodnight.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment