Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 20, 2015 Lunch – Le Troquet, Dinner PPI – Cesar Salad and Stir Fried Pork, Bamboo Shoots, Yu Choy, and Sugar Snap Peas



Today Peter Eller took me to lunch at Le Torquet.  I ordered the onion soup, chicken crepe, and mousse.  Peter ordered the potato/leek soup, the calf’s liver, and a crème brûlée.  I did not like the sauce for the crepe so sent it back and ordered the calf’s liver.  The onion soup was its usual excellent, Peter’s potato soup was excellent, my liver was a little over cooked and tough, but Peter’s liver was perfect crisp on the edge and soft in the center.  Both livers had that wonderful balsamic and Demi-glacé sauce.  Peter liked his Crème Brûlée.  My chocolate mousse was served differently, a mound of whipped cream, a mound of chocolate mousse, a lovely thick fresh chocolate sauce, and several sliced strawberries, which seemed much fresher than last Friday’s mousse.

    Peter's Creme Brûlée 
 
  The Chocolate Mousse

After lunch I gave two food blog cards to a young lady who I had seen eating in the restaurant on Friday and her friend who claimed to be foodies.   Let’s hope more foodies come to Le Troquet, which means “The Tavern” in French according to John, the waiter, who speaks French.

I still contend that its $12.95 three course lunch is one of the best food values in Albuquerque.

After lunch Peter was kind enough to look at the Agnes Sims “Little Man with Monkey Eyes” and discuss frames.  


We had a piece of bread with Stilton and a sip of Chianti.

For dinner I ate PPIs, the Cesar Salad from several days ago and last night’s Stir Fried Pork.  

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment