Thursday, October 15, 2015

October 14, 2015 Lunch – Café Trang, Dinner – Tuna and Calamari Sashimi

October 14, 2015  Lunch – Café Trang,  Dinner – Tuna and Calamari Sashimi

I had a medical procedure until about 10:30 in the morning, after which I went to Trader Joe’s to buy artichokes.  There were no artichokes, but I did buy four of my favorite inexpensive wines, Chateau Haut-Sorillon 2012 Bordeaux Superiore ($7.99), La Granja Tempranillo/Grenache blend ($4.99), Monte Ducay Reserva 2011, and Guetano Di Aquino 2011 Riserva Chianti ($5.99).


I still wanted some fresh vegetables and meats, so I then drove to the Sprouts Academy store with the expanded meat department and found thee types of salmon on sale.  I bought 3 lbs. of the fresh wild caught salmon for $5.99/lb. and then bought two pieces of Aji Tuna also on sale for $5.99/lb., one chunk for a sashimi dinner tonight for me and a larger .8/lb. steak for Suzette and me to split for tomorrow night.  I also bought a 3 oz. container of fresh dill to make Gravad lax, two bunches of asparagus for 1.48/lb. and portobello mushrooms for $3.99/lb.

I went home, but soon was called by Karim to help him complete a real estate transaction no form a company to hold title.  I agreed to meet him and Nizar for lunch at Café Trang.  While I was completing the company formation paperwork, I received a call from Richie, another of my long time clients, who told me he was selling his business and wanted me to help him.  Suddenly, my corporate/ business/real estate practice seems to be picking up.

At 1:00 I met Karim and Nizar for lunch at Café Trang.  They split a bowl of tofu and vegetable soup, which is essentially what I had for breakfast because I ate the PPI miso noodle soup with halibut and shrimp, so I ordered a No. 56, which was a fried wheat noodle dish with beef, chicken,and vegetables.  It looked great and tasted great when the fried noodles and vegetables and beef were bathed in the puddle of light brown gravy on which the nest of fried noodles were laid on.



After lunch I went across the parking lot to Talin to buy a daikon for my sashimi dinner.  I went to the fish department looking for boiled octopus.  There was no octopus but there was three or four types of calamari, so I let my favorite fish monger suggest one.  He picked the largest size, so I took one of them.  Then I bought a replacement bottle of Hoisen sauce and went to the vegetable department, where I bought beautiful shallots ($1.49/lb.), a daikon ($.99/lb.), and a bag of Yu Choy ($.99/lb.).  

I drove home happily with lots of ingredients for two tuna meals, gravad lax, and lots of fresh vegetables.

At 5:30 I sliced the smaller tuna steak and sliced the larger end of the calamari and part of the daikon and ate them with PPI wasabi and tamari and PPI pickled ginger that had over-fermented in the fridge in the last year. 

I then went to meditate at 6:45 and had a good meditation because we turned out the overhead light and only had the light of the alter candle and a Japanese lantern, which was enough.

Suzette was celebrating her birthday with her girl’s group at Seasons.

I also called Peter Eller and made a lunch date to take him to Le Toquet on Friday.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment