Sunday, October 18, 2015

October 17, 2015 Lunch – PPI Ratatouille. Dinner – Cesar a Salad and Chocolate Pudding

October 17, 2015 Lunch – PPI Ratatouille. Dinner – Cesar a Salad and Chocolate Pudding 

I worked with the electricians to fix the whole house fan and pump.

They also installed some outlets in the kitchen and fixed the surround sound in the TV room.

I ate the PPI Ratatouille and couscous for lunch and enjoyed it.  The ratatouille was a really delicious vegetable stew containing squashes, tomatoes, eggplant, onion and whole cloves of garlic.

I had a smoked salmon sandwich and several Lebanon Bologna sandwiches at 7:30 and then at 9:00 I made a Cesar Salad.  A little later I was hungry for dessert and wanted warm chocolate pudding.  I did not have a recipe, so I whisked three whole eggs, ¼ cup of heavy cream, 1 cup 2% milk, ½ cup of sugar, and 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. of Grande  Marnier into a sauce pan and stirred it for about ½ hour on low heat on the new stove until it became a thickened stirred custard with flecks of egg white.

I have always loved warm chocolate pudding.  I ate it with a glass of Grande Marnier mixed with cognac.

I later watched a wonderful movie called “Brave One” with Jodie Foster,  Terence Howard, and Mary Steenburgen .

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment