Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 8, 2014 New Recipe Baked Delicata Squash with Mornay Sauce

I filed my pleading in federal court yesterday, so today I was able to get out of the house.  I went to Albertson's for some of their meat specials.  I bought Rib Eye Steaks for $7.97, 20-30 count shrimp for $7.99/lb., 90% fat free hamburger meat for $3.87/lb. and a boneless pork roast for $1.88/lb. plus vanilla ice cream and bananas for $.39/lb.

I meditated tonight from 7:00 to 8:00 but before I left we discussed dinner and Suzette suggested that she make a cheese sauce for the PPI baked stuffed Delicata Squash .

When I arrived home around 8:20 dinner was almost ready.  Suzette had made  a wonderful mornay sauce with Swiss cheese, so it tasted completely authentic.  It has been years since I have eaten a completely authentic mornay sauce and I loved the tangy creamy flavor of the Swiss cheese sauce on the squash as the cheese sauce settled into the moist baked flavors of the squash’s onion, steak and
mushrooms filling.

We drank Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer with dinner and loved it.

After dinner I also had a few bites of PPI apple pie from Susan and Charlie’s dinner party last night.
Mornay sauce is a Béchamel sauce with shredded or grated cheese added. Usually, it consists of half Gruyère and half Parmesan cheese, though some variations use different combinations of Gruyère, Emmental cheese, or white Cheddar.[1]

Béchamel sauce is traditional French white sauce made with butter and flour and milk and a dash of nutmeg and salt and white pepper.

A light dinner was fine because I had eaten a huge lunch of PPI spaghetti with PPI fresh tomato sauce Suzette made on Sunday and a PPI lamb chop with PPI salad from last night’s meal at the Palmer’s.


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment