Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 14 and 15, 2014 Two PPI meals Texas Chili and Roasted Pork Tapa with Roasted Acorn Squash and Brussels Sprouts

On Tuesday I simmered the Texas chili for about five hours.  The beans and tomatoes and beef still did not go into solution to make a uniform gravy, the way I like it, but we were hungry by around 6:00 and the chili's smell was driving us crazy, so we ate bowls of it with a flour tortilla toasted over a gas burner, just like on the open flame of a ranch cook fire.  We drank beers with the chili.

I ate spumoni for dessert.

On Wednesday Suzette wanted to eat early, before I went to meditate at 6:45.  We had decided to eat the PPI roasted pork and apple and onion tapa.  I wanted to freshen up the roasted pork tapa, so we sliced a Granny Smith apple and ½ of a white onion into thin slices and sautéed them in butter.  We then sliced and added the PPI pork and a bit of cognac to flavor the dish.

While the pork was cooking, Suzette heated the PPI roasted Acorn squashes and Brussels Sprout casserole in the microwave and I fetched a bottle of 2013 Eguren Tempranillo Rosé, which may be the perfect drink for a Spanish pork tapa.

When I returned home at 8:20 after stopping at Lowe’s to buy a gallon of milk, Suzette said that there was some apricot and plum cobbler left, which I ate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of tea for a lovely dessert course.

Although not as exciting as freshly made dishes, I loved all the leftovers and even believe the chili will get better as we cook it more. 


Bon Appétit  

No comments:

Post a Comment