Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 11, 2014 Enhanced Pizza

February 11, 2014 Pizza

We did not want to cook tonight.  At 5:00 when Suzette called to say she was on the way home, I had not eaten lunch, so I simply went to Little Cesar’s and bought a cheese and a pepperoni pizza for $5.00 each.  

When I got home Suzette had still not arrived.  I sliced up four baby portabella mushrooms, 1 shallot, took the grilled yellow peppers in olive oil into the house and opened the new package of genoa salami.

We each garnished our pizzas with the ingredients we each wanted and we heated the pizzas in the oven for about ten minutes at 400˚.

I fetched another bottle of the Marchesi Chianti Superiore and made a salad, using the PPI one from last night and adding fresh greens and fessed it with the Cesar salad dressing and we ate a lovely dinner.


This is one of our favorite no cooking dinners, although it is a little heavier than we are used to.  I saw a statistic on TV last evening that 1 in 6 men eat pizza every day.  I don't know how they do it because pizza is so filling.   

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment