Monday, December 16, 2013

December 15, 2013 New Recipe: Mom's Cranberry Lime Salsa

December 15, 2013 New Recipe:  Mom's Cranberry Lime Salsa

We did a complete repeat PPI Dinner using the stuff we made a few days ago, so you only need to look back a couple of days to see how we prepared everything.

In the absence of any interesting new stuff to report, I have taken the liberty of including an email from Susan Palmer with the recipe for my Mother's Cranberry Lime salsa.  Mom has a knack for creating recipes from easily found prepared foods.  This is a good example.

Here is Susan's email. 

Bob,
I'm in the middle of making several batches of your mom's cranberry lime salsa. I bring it as a "hostess gift" whenever possible, particularly in the summer when people are grilling.
Florence gave me a copy of the newspaper clipping when she was here. It was the same visit when she showed me her wardrobe for a cruise she planned to take. (my exotic cruises are still limited to the Staten Island Ferry). I know I have this newsprint copy somewhere, but I couldn't find it over the last few days.
I NEVER bring "Florence's salsa" somewhere that I am not asked for the recipe. We go to our friend's latke party in Santa Fe every year; I bring your mom's salsa instead of applesauce. (Latke party was yesterday). I have yet to bring that salsa it to a gathering where I have not been asked for the recipe. I DO give Florence credit -- she passed it on to me.

I'm actually shy. So it is hard for me to say this to your face. Your mom's recipe is a "KILLER."
Please put it on your blog.

Cranberry-Lime Salsa                           Florence Simon

2 cans Ocean Spray WHOLE cranberry sauce
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
zest and juice of 2 limes
diced jalapenos to taste

This is a treat with turkey, ham, and all the seasonal meat dishes. Personally, I like it best in the summer with grilled poultry and fish.

Bob, I bet you have a copy of your mom's column. Please put Florence's recipe on your blog eventually. It is a lot more sophisticated than my mother-in-law's comfort food, but even easier to make.

Susan

If you are in a hurry to make a condiment to complement your turkey or ham this Christmas, this recipe might be just the answer.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment