Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 30, 2013 Dinner – Pork Fried Rice


I thawed out three boneless pork sirloin chops (Costco $2.99/lb.) during the day and planned to cook a simple dinner of grilled pork chops with steamed sugar snap peas (Costco $5.49/ 2 lb.) that we bought Monday night afte meditation.

When I arrived at 8:30 p.m. from meditating, Suzette did not want to cook. I said I would cook the pork chops and sugar snap peas.  She suggested Pork Fried Rice and I agreed, since Chinese cooking in a wok is usually my task.

So I de-stringed about 1 cup of the sugar snap peas, sliced ½ poblano pepper, four shitake mushrooms,  and three large 18 inch long Mexican green onions,  and then minced 1 Tbsp. of garlic and 1 1/2 Tbsp. of ginger and chopped up two pork chops.

I heated up my wok and added peanut oil and sesame oil.  Suzette then rallied and stirred up two eggs and fried them into a pancake in the wok.  After flipping the egg pancake to cook both sides, we removed the egg to a side plate and I poured in more sesame and peanut oil and put in the vegetables.  The pork was in a separate bowl and Suzette fried the pork in a separate skillet.

After the vegetables softened and cooked I added a dash each of Chinese Rice Cooking Wine, soy sauce, and mushroom soy and then added about 1 cup of PPI cooked basmati rice.   After that mixture cooked a bit we added the pork and stirred it in and cooked about 2 minutes more and we were ready to eat.

I asked Suzette if she wanted to add some Hoisin sauce to add flavor and sweetness and she said, “Yes”, so I squirted about 2 Tbsp. of Hoisin into the mix and stirred it in.  Then we spooned a pile of fried rice on each person’s plate.  Suzette drank a beer and I drank green tea.

 A very quick, delicious, fresh, hot meal.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment