Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 26, 2012 Dinner – PPI Lamb Chops and Brussels sprouts and Polenta


November 26, 2012 Dinner – PPI Lamb Chops and Brussels sprouts and Polenta

We had the PPI lamb chops and Brussels Sprouts, but I wanted to make an Italian style meal, so decided to prepare polenta, since we bought a new quantity of it on Saturday at La Montanita Coop.

So I followed the directions of 4 cups of water to 1 cup of polenta and added 2 tsp. of Knorr Dehydrated chicken stock and let the mass of polenta cook while I went to the garden to pick parsley and sage.  I cut up 6 or 7 leaves of sage and two sprigs of parsley and added that to the polenta.  Later I added about 1/4 cup more water as the polenta thickened.
I then went to the basement wine cellar and picked a 2010 La Loggia Barbera d’ Alba DOC produced by Albeisa that I think I bought at Trader Joe’s for around $8.00
After about 30 minutes of stirring with a whisk Suzette came in and tasted the polenta and ssid that we needed to add cream, so we did and it made the polenta wonderful and creamy.  A big improvement.  

So we heated the lamb chops and Brussels Sprouts and plated them up with a pile of polenta and drank the Barbera and had a great simple meal.  The wine was clean and light and terrific with the meal.

I also wanted to eat the lamb because I had purchased a bottle of Crosse and Blackwell mint apple jelly at Lowe’s ($3.99) and I love a touch of mint jelly with lamb chops.  

Bon Appètit
.

No comments:

Post a Comment