Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 23, 2012 Dinner – Salmon fish sticks, fried white sweet potatoes, and steamed green beans


November 23, 2012 Dinner – Salmon fish sticks, fried white sweet potatoes, and steamed green beans

I had bought two 2 lb. salmon filets on Wednesday at Sprouts ($4.99/lb.) and small two packages of dill weed ($1.88 each), so on Friday at around 4:00 p.m. I decided to make “Gravad Lax” (sugar and salt cured salmon). 

Suzette asked me to cut off several pieces to fry with sticks of sweet potato.  I had purchased some green beans at Sprouts also ($1.49/lb.) on Wednesday.

So I cut off strips of salmon on the front head side and back of each filet and Suzette dusted them with rice flour and fried them in about ¼ inch of heated canola oil. We sauteed the potato sticks in a separate pan in butter.  When they were ready and the beans steamed, we ate a wonderful new creative meal of salmon fish sticks with fried potatoes and string beans with PPI white wine; French Domaine Langlois Chenin Blanc for Suzette and Concannon Sauvignon Blanc for me.

A fun, light meal.

Bon Appètit      

No comments:

Post a Comment