Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 12, 2012 – Instant PPI Dinner Sautèed Cajun Pasta, Asparagus and Salad

November 12, 2012 – Instant PPI Dinner Sautèed Cajun Pasta, Asparagus and Salad

I wanted to make a salad like I used to eat in the 50’s in Fort Worth Texas.  It is ¼ of a head of iceburg lettuce dressed with a sweet dressing made with mayonnaise, catsup and pickle relish. 

So I took the iceburg lettuce from the fridge and I sliced it into wedges and I made the above dressing and Suzette sautéed the PPI Cajun pasta in boudin sauce in a little olive oil and we snapped and steamed a handful of asparagus stalks and in about ten minutes we had a great old fashion dinner.  We drank water.

What a throw back to the dinners of my youth.  The best salad of the kind described above in Fort Worth used to be served at the El Chico restaurant and the best bottled dressing of the type described above was Brockles.  Suzette says there is a new fancier name for this type of salad but we can’t recall it.

Bon Appètit   

No comments:

Post a Comment