Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 2, 2012 Pizza and Vegetable soup


November 2, 2012 Pizza and Vegetable soup

I shopped at Costco after my seminar ended on Friday evening and bought a salmon filet and a fresh ready to bake large pepperoni pizza on sale for $5.99.  When I returned home, we decided to heat the pizza.  She sliced portabella mushrooms and I sliced some red onion thinly and we laid them on top of the pepperoni and she baked the pizza on a large gel filled baking sheet.
 I fetched a bottle of La Granja red Rioja wine (Trader Joe’s $5.99) from the basement. 
Luke had cooked a vegetable soup with sweet and russet potatoes, onions, carrots, turnips and several other vegetables that he then creamed in the blender after trying unsuccessfully to cream it in the Cuisinart, thanks to Suzette’s suggestion.  

So we each had a bowl of Luke’s rich turmeric colored vegetable soup and Willy and Suzette and I ate several pieces of pizza. Luke ate several bowls of soup.

Bon Appètit  

No comments:

Post a Comment